Roof maintenance is very important for the longevity of your roof. It is all too often over looked or ignored. A well-maintained roof can provide years of service and delay the need to re-roof and in so doing save you a significant amount of money. On the other hand, a poorly maintained roof can develop a range of problems that could end up costing you a lot of money
It is a good idea to perform regular checks on both the outside and the inside of your roof. Once a year is generally sufficient unless there has been particularly heavy weather and storm damage in the neighbourhood.
You can do this yourself if you know what your are looking for and if you are comfortable with getting up on a roof.
- Make sure the roof is clean and free of debris.
- Check the gutters are clean and draining properly.
- Make sure all ventilation is in good working order and free of obstruction.
- Trim back any branches so they cannot come into contact with the roof.
- Check the flashing – re-attach any that has buckled or become loose
- Sand and re-paint any metal pipes or flashing to keep from rusting.
- Check caulking and re-caulk with high quality exterior grade caulk.
You need to pay particular attention to possible future problems and take the necessary steps to deal with them there and then.
Cincinnati Roofing Contractors will be happy to help you with with any of your maintenance and re-roofing issues
Call the above number to schedule a free roof inspection. We will have one of our qualified roof inspectors come out and do a site visit and advise you on the best course of action to help keep the maximum value in your roof.